These resources provide a great start to buying, renovating or building a home so that you can feel secure in your choices.
Thinking of building or renovating your home? Look for these logos.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO BUILD OR RENOVATE
The key to a successful buying, building, or renovating experience is to be well prepared and well informed. Find out about the typical process at a glance and check below for more in-depth information to guide you through your purchase.
BUYING A NEW HOME
Thinking of buying a new home? We’ve got the information you need to get started.
- A New Home or an Existing One?
- Planning for What You Need and Want
- Types of Home Ownership and Homes
- Costs and Financing
- Your New Home warranty
- The Purchase Contract
Once you have found the right builder and decided on the home you want, you are ready to work out the contractual arrangements.
- What Should the Contract Cover?
- Making the Offer
- From Offer to Contract
- The Role of A Lawyer
- Understanding Change Orders
- Keep a Record of Your New Home Purchase
What to expect out of your new build, from choosing a builder to moving in.
- Where to Start
- What to Expect from a Home Builder
- Choices and Decisions
- Learn About Your New Community
- The Construction Process
- After You Move In
- Why Choose a Saskatoon & Region Home Builders’ Association Member
PLANNING A RENOVATION
HIRING A CONTRACTOR
- What Type do You Need?
- Contractors to Avoid
- Checking Out Contractors
- Getting a Price Quote
- Deciding Who to Hire
- Find a Professional