2017 SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!!
- New Home, Home Renovation, and Design projects must be completed within the St. Thomas & Elgin HBA geographic area or in an adjacent market otherwise not serviced with an HBA/HBA with an awards program.
- Under the Home Renovation Projects, the submission must be made by the General Contractor of the project. General Contractor is defined as being responsible for coordinating subcontractors involved in the project.
To better serve our members we are eliminating the sub-categories for the Sub-trades and reintroducing the Supplier of the Year and Sub-Trade of the Year awards. These submissions will NOT be subject to the $50.00 submission fee!
We are excited to see more of our members honoured for a job well done.
Please note the Homes that qualify for submission must have a closing date between September 1st, 2016 – August 31st, 2017.
All documents are requested to be submitted via email to [email protected]
TO ACCESS FULL DETAILS FOR EACH CATEGORY – Click Here
Documents to be Submitted:
This is a cover form that provides each company’s details and a recap of the categories being entered. Entrants are to complete one copy of this file, print it and submit it with the other required items.
- Award Category Entry Forms – A separate Entry Form is to be completed for each project submission.
- All entries for both new construction and renovation projects MUST include a set of drawings showing the floor plan and (if applicable) the exterior elevations of the project.
- Required Photographs
Photographs submitted MUST BE:
- JPG or TIFF format;
- 300 dpi
- 8” x 10” or 8” x 12” in size
- NOT TO EXCEED 4 MB per image
Please refer to the Award Category Criteria and Detail Sheets for further direction on the required photos to be submitted. These sheets can be found on the STEHBA web site under Events – Golden Hammer Awards tab.
- For “new construction” projects: six (6) photos including both interior and exterior (if applicable) images for each project entered which best represents that project.
- For “renovation” projects: six (6) photos, including both “before” and “after” images for each project entered which best represents that project.
- In ALL CASES: a single copy of your corporate logo for use on the power point presentation during the gala awards presentation.
In cases of both new construction and renovation entries, the digital photos will be used in a power point presentation for the gala awards presentation evening and also for the STEHBA website.
All entries including fees and photos must be received by Amanda Koning no later than 5:00 pm on Saturday, September 29th, 2017.
The committee reserves the right to extend the deadline for a specific category in order to solicit additional entries should there be fewer than 2 company participants.
Each submission in any category has an entry fee of $44.25 + HST – total $50.00/entry.
NOTE: Supplier and Sub-Trade of the Year are exempt from submission fees
A single cheque may be submitted for the total amount if entering multiple submissions.
NOTE: ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED DIGITALLY – PRINTED DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
COMPLETED ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN SEPTEMBER 29th, 2017
Supplier & Sub-Trade Awards
New Home Builder Awards
Production Home < $350,000 (Including Lot)
Production Home between $350,001 – $500,000 (Including Lot)
Production Home > $500,001 (Including Lot)
Custom Home 2,200 sq. ft. or less
Custom Home > 2,200 sq. ft.
New Bathroom – Home Price (Including Lot) < $350,000
New Bathroom – Home Price (Including Lot) > $350,001
New Kitchen – Home Price (Including Lot) < $350,000
New Kitchen – Home Price (Including Lot) > $350,001
Total Renovation Project valued under $75,000
Total Renovation Project valued at $75,001 or greater
Bathroom Renovation Project under $25,000
Bathroom Renovation Project at $25,001 or greater
Kitchen Renovation Project under $30,000
Kitchen Renovation Project at $30,001 or greater
Special Achievement Awards